Monday, October 4, 2010

Facebook - The New Math?

In an article today that was talking about some changes to how Facebook uploads and displays photos, it makes mention that there are 100,000,000 photographs uploaded every day.  Every FREAKING day?!  I'm sure that they didn't just pull that number out of their ummm, collective wazzoo's to be somewhat polite? 

Now - according to Facebook, there are 500 million users.  First of all, I think it's actually much less.  My reason?  Because when you delete your Facebook, unless you know how to actually delete it, they just deactive it.  I would imagine in this case, they still count you as a user, even if you've been deactivated.  So - let's say that for the sake of argument, that there are 400 million active users, that 20% of them are deactivated accounts.  That sounds borderline reasonable to me.

What this would mean is that in one year, there would be 30 billion photographs uploaded.  That's a whack of photographs, isn't it?  What would work out to....let's see 30 billion divided by 400 million, carry they two, myltiply by 6.2...well - math was never my strong suit and I'm tired, so on average a whole heap of photographs uploaded each year.

Makes me wonder if Facebook is the Antichrist.  Did the bible actually SAY it was a person...???

No comments:

Post a Comment